Alzheimers Disease and Dementia Care Seminar
Who Should Attend?
- Administrators and Assisted Living Managers Director
- Assistant Directors of Nursing Nurse Managers
- Unit Managers Geriatric Nursing Assistants Activity Professionals
- Home Care Nurses & Professionals
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Front-line Staff Social Workers
- Discharge Planners
- Transition Coordinators HHA’s
- CNA’s and MA’s Ancillary staff in Memory Care or Assisted Living
Benefits & CDP Certification
This Seminar provides CEU’s for Nurses, Activity Professionals and Social Workers. Aides can earn clock hours!
This full-day workshop is required for the CDP certification. Upon completion of the workshop, you can apply for certification with the NCCDP - National Certification of Dementia Care Practitioners.
To see if you qualify for CDP certification please visit: www.NCCDP.org
- Introduction to Dementia Prognosis and Treatment
- Communication and Feelings
- Depression and Repetitive Behaviors
- Paranoia, Hallucinations, Wandering and Hoarding
- Aggressive Behaviors, Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and Sexuality
- Personal Care; Bathing, Dressing, Toileting
- Pain and Nutrition
- Staff and Family Support
- Abuse and Neglect
- Diversity and cultural Competence
- Spiritual Care and End of Life
Complete student curriculum notebook is provided.
$190 is required to reserve your seat. Payment in full MUST be received within 10 days of the event or an additional $50 will be added.
*Continental Breakfast is provided
A cancellation fee of $75 will be applied if cancelled within 72 hours of the event. You may always reschedule for a future event with this trainer without penalty.